Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am....

Yup, stuck in the middle. This post isn't so much about my military wife life as it is about my life in general. I am the middle child....it sucks. I am not sure how many of you reading are the middle as well but if you are then you know what I mean. I am also the only girl. So here I am, here I have been my whole life, stuck in the middle. I love my brothers, love them to absolute pieces but sometimes they make my life miserable and they have no clue they are doing it. I guess that is one of the crosses to bear in the middle, complete awareness.

I will say that being the middle kid probably made me more independent and therefore much better equipped to deal with life as a military wife but I also find that adding the military life craziness and unpredictability to already being the middle kid makes me feel much more often like I am left out.
As I write this I know how lucky I am, I have amazing parents who have been married for 35 years, my brothers are great and have great ladies in their lives that I love very much but man oh man do they make it tough sometimes.

As the only girl I have always kind of taken care of them. My doing, completely. You need help with money, of course I will help you....you need me, of course I will drop everything and come...you have an issue or a problem, of course I will be there to help or keep your secrets....of course, of course, of course.

Sometimes I really just feel like I fade into the background. Or the whole "she won't mind/doesn't need it" comes into play. Part of that is definitely my independent nature and entirely my fault. I don't ask for help very often, most of the time I don't need or particularly want it but I guess it would be nice for it to be offered every once in awhile.






No comments:

Post a Comment