Monday, May 27, 2013

As a rock.

Life is hard. For all of us at one point it can seem damn near impossible.
I am pretty sure we have all had that moment where we are sure we can't breathe, won't survive, have no idea how we will put one foot in front of the other and move forward and feel like our world is collapsing. We've all been there, I know I have and lately I've been trying to figure out why. I don't believe in coincidence or accidents. I believe it fate, faith and a plan. I am not even talking religious faith or belief but rather universal. Faith in your "supposed to".
Life takes turns, dips and dives. We  hit potholes, speed bumps and even road blocks. It's not those things that define our lives though, it's how WE come through them.
I am learning this more and more. Bad things happen, no doubt, but most times good things aren't far behind we just have to be open to them. I think when we are hurt or disappointed we tend to put our walls up almost instantly. We try to protect, to prevent and to heal. The problem is if we aren't careful all that protection leads to isolation and a bitterness that can be hard to shake.
So here's to accepting the pain, the loss, the frustration and allowing the good, the positive and the love in, in spite of the fear. I'm game if you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment