Friday, January 7, 2011

Path

I got this amazing message from an incredible person today. She said some wonderful things and asked some even more wonderful questions, which got me thinking.
This life prompts so many of us to ask questions. To question. Why did we choose this? Are we doing the right thing? Are we enough? Will I survive?
Some of us come upon this life complete. Some are lost. Some of us are not looking to find the answer and some of us can't even begin to see the question.

When I met my guy I was done with college, was moving to the city with my best friends and had a job I really loved. I was looking to be saved. Or at least I didn't think I needed to be. He was an unexpected dream, actually an unexpected wrench would be a better description. :) He changed everything. He was meant to. I needed him to.

We each have a path to walk. For some of us it is filled with drama. For some the whole point is the bumps and roadblocks and for some (like myself) it is about letting go of the wheel and having faith that I am going the right way. My husband and this life pried my fingers off that wheel one by one over the years. That was my path, my lesson. Letting go. Each of us lives with a reason weather we know it or not. Even the hard stuff, the pain is part of it. I can honestly say that 8 years ago I was holding onto that wheel with white knuckles. I didn't even know I was doing it. That is what is so great and healing about this life sometimes. We are forced to face our truths and they either make us or break us. I am finding myself a better person than I was before, calmer, more relaxed and I have the military life to thank for it.

So my dear friend K, out there in military land, thank you for your words and your thoughts. Keep walking your path with all the strength, passion and humor you have always had.






No comments:

Post a Comment