Sunday, January 16, 2011

Second place

I think one of the hardest part about this life is always being second. Actually what may be harder is accepting that role. I struggle a lot with having to take a back seat to the military in every and any situation. She is hubs mistress, she gets most of the attention, calls the shots, picks where we live and is ultimately the love of hubs life.
I am grateful to her for the life she provides us but sometimes I really want to kick her ass. I hate her for taking hubs away, hate her for hogging his time. I want to punch her in her stupid mouth when he misses my birthdays, when I have to go to weddings/parties/dinners alone. I curse her under my breath when plans change, vacations get canceled and we disappoint people. Problem is, she is never going away. This is what this life is about, so I will swallow that pill, be happy to see my husband every time he comes home and tell him "it's ok" every time the military asks him to put her first. But man if I ever see her in a dark alley...she's in for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment