Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Stopping the train

There is a part in a John Mayer song that hit me like a ton of bricks today. The song is called "Stop This Train" and the lyrics are :
"So scared of getting older
I'm only good at being young
So I play the numbers game
To find a way to say that life has just begun"

Today, it rang so true for me. I don't feel 29. I feel 21. I really do. I can't remember when I grew up, or if I even did. Maybe that is what scares me so much about having a kid. I still think of myself as a kid, how can I have one? I am good at being young, having fun, making friends. Will I be good at the next set of stuff? Will I feel grown up? I guess that is why this life really works for me. I get to feel young. Travel, see new things, meet new people. I can't put down roots. I can't buy a house and settle down. I can't grow up in the way I think I should. So what is the solution? I'm working on it.





No comments:

Post a Comment